When you look at your smile, do you love it or hate it? If you don’t love it, you may be looking for a quick fix in cosmetic dentistry. But, don’t rush it! Cosmetic dentistry requires skill and experience on behalf of the dentist that you choose, as well as making sure that you do your research on which treatment is best for you. The field of cosmetic dentistry has made great strides in recent years, and there’s a lot to choose from now, although you may only need simple, low-cost treatments to transform your smile.
Regardless of your smile needs, cosmetic dentists in Boaz at Wall Street Dentistry can help you achieve a smile that you will love. But, let’s first take a look at what you need to know:
Set Things “Straight”
If you have crooked teeth, you may assume that orthodontics is the only way to achieve the look that you want. While braces certainly can straighten your teeth, it sometimes takes years to get the results that you want. Instead, veneers, which are thin shells of porcelain, can be custom made to fit over the front part of your teeth to give the illusion that your teeth are perfectly straight. Plus, veneers can be made bright white, or any shade of natural tooth color, to look completely natural.
Bye, Bye Gaps
Gaps in your smile can be obvious and make you feel self-conscious. If you had a tooth pulled that left a rather large gap, or you have a natural gap between two healthy teeth, cosmetic dentistry offers several options to close those gaps.
Here is a look at those options:
- Partial denture – Can be made to replace one or more missing teeth. It’s removable, and an affordable option for replacing multiple missing teeth.
- Dental bridge – Crowns the adjacent teeth and bridges the gap of the missing tooth. Since it is permanently bonded to your teeth, it can’t be removed without the help of your dentist.
- Dental implants – Known as the finest tooth replacement there is, implants fuse to the jawbone for a stable, secure base to add a specially made dental crown.
- Dental bonding – For small gaps that occur due to spacing issues, dental bonding uses composite resin to cover the teeth affected by the gap. This procedure can be done in one appointment.
- Veneers – Also good for repairing small gaps or spaces between your teeth, veneers are made of porcelain and are durable and long-lasting.
Regardless of which cosmetic dentistry treatment you choose, it’s always best to start with a clean slate – teeth whitening. That way, your teeth can be made as white as possible so that the final restoration can be chosen in a whiter shade. Since porcelain and composite resist stains much easier than dental enamel, you may want to choose the whitest shade possible, and it still look natural. Once the restoration is installed, it can’t be whitened. So, we recommend a professional teeth whitening service before having a final restoration made.
Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation in Boaz
If you would like more information regarding cosmetic dentistry, and which treatment option may be best for you, please contact Wall Street Dentistry by calling (256) 878-0525 to schedule a consultation.
Wall Street Dentistry welcomes patients of Albertville, Boaz, and Guntersville, Alabama.